Remember the story we told you about this past December involving a man who allegedly threatened to open fire inside a Shelbyville School? We now have an update on that alleged threat.
The Tullahoma man is facing a long prison sentence after being found guilty of making violent threats at a Shelbyville school late last year.
Tyrone L. Watts, 43, could face from 12 to 20 years after a jury returned guilty verdicts this past week of charges of disorderly conduct and attempted terrorism. A sentencing hearing is set for Aug. 16.
The charges stem from an incident on Dec. 12, two days before the school shooting in Sandy Hook, in which Watts uttered two threats at Thomas Magnet School.
Watts said he would return to the school with an AK-47 and kill everyone and himself after he and his wife, the mother of his stepson, were denied permission to check the child out early because a letter had not been supplied by the child’s custodial parent.
Source:
Partner Station WMSR
Shelbyville Times-Gazette